Kansas Mural Workshop
A week-long intensive workshop (sponsored by the Hutchinson/Reno
Arts and Humanities Council, Hutchinson Art Center, and The Downtown
Hutchinson Revitalization Partnership), with internationally recognized
muralist Dave Loewenstein, that will lead participants through all of the
technical and organizing skills needed to develop a successful mural
Over the course of the week, participants will learn:- History of the community mural movement
- Contemporary trends in community engaged public art
- How to organize, fund, and promote a community-mural project
- How to work with city representatives and develop contracts
- The basics of team organizing, research and design
- How to transfer your design, prepare the wall and plan community painting
- The importance of a culminating event and mural maintenance
All of this will be taught through an actual mural project, for a downtown Hutchinson location that participants will work on over the course of the week.
Artists, teachers, community organizers, arts councils and students should sign-up for this rare opportunity to learn from one of the leading muralists working today.
June 15 - 21, 2015 in Hutchinson, Kansas
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application. Submit your application by June 14th. Participants will be limited to 20. The $45 fee includes all materials.
To find out more about Loewenstein’s work and approach, go to: